- History of Terra sigillata
- Demo 2 Methods of making it
- Test for Specific gravity
- Adding color to sig
- Application of sig
- Learn methods of burnishing sig
- Bisque fire
Students should bring small greenware pieces hand built or thrown, the size of a small cup or bowl. Must be bone dry. Moppy brushes, thin plastic either from grocery bags or dry cleaner's plastic.
- Glaze interior of bisque. Let glaze dry
- Make oxide washes
- Apply oxide washes to sig surfaces, remove excess. Piece can now be glaze fired.
- Demo: slip trailing, carving, stamping
- Setting up a grid for decorating surfaces.
For this demo students should bring leather-hard pieces - they can be of any size or shape, thrown or hand built. Bring in trailing tools, stamps, carving tools, and textures.
2 day workshops are $100 for members and $150 for non members.